Thursday, August 2, 2012

Blogger of the Month-August





I can not believe it's already August. Seriously, where did the time go? 
It's time for our August Blogger of the Month:



 1.When and why did you start blogging?


I wanted to work in the Publishing Industry with an emphasis in Marketing, and I was told by a colleague in PR at Penguin Canada, that a blog is a great way to make connections. Once I started my blog I realized how much I enjoyed reviewing books, especially Young Adult and I didn't want to work with just one Publisher but all of them! And it was from there that I decided to go back to school for my Master of Library Science. 

2. What's your favourite genre/style of book?


YOUNG ADULT ALL THE WAY! haha, I really love a good Urban Fantasy read as well. So long as there's a good romance story in the plot (I'm constantly teased for this :)).

3.What has been a blogging challenge for you?

Consistency. I tap my hat to those bloggers who are able to blog 6-7 days a week. I do my best to blog 3-4 times a week but it's hard sometimes when you're working full-time. I always feel guilty that I'm not contributing enough time and then I'll worry my reviews aren't up to par.

4. Are there favourite memes or features that you participate in/ favourite blogs you check out on a regular basis?

I love In My Mailbox or Stacking the Shelves by The Story Siren and Tynga's Reviews. I love to see what titles other book bloggers are reading and then grow green with envy at all the amazing titles and ARCs they receive.

5.How do you organize your bookshelves?

I don't. It's awful, I actually have thousands of books and have had to store (or hide them from my Dad) them in various boxes throughout the house, because they unfortunately don't fit all on my shelves. As it is right now, I have books stored in front of other books on my shelves which is awful because than I always end up buying doubles because I didn't realize I had that title. As I write out this answer I'm starting to think I may have a hoarding problem haha. My dream though is to have a library with wall-to-wall shelves, stacked with books- So I guess you could say I'm looking towards the future :).

7.Favourite review you've written (include a link)

I'd say my favourite review was the one I wrote on Kate Ellison's The Butterfly Clues. It was such a beautiful book and I really enjoyed typing out my thoughts on it.


8. What is your biggest book blogger related dream (goal)?

My dreams and goals keep changing, but my current one, making it to BEA! Haha I swear I plan to go every year but circumstances always arise, beyond my control and I'm forced to cancel. So I'm always stuck saying, "Next year," but I mean it this time, next year I'm going! haha.

Happy reading fellow book lovers!!!


Thanks Hayley!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment