Wow! Can you believe that we are only 59 days away from the Second Annual Ontario Blogger Meet-Up? It seems like just yesterday that we started planning the event and putting ideas down onto paper. While the event last-year was a huge success, we had the idea when we began planning this year's event that we wanted it to be even better.
Not only will you be finally meeting a lot of bloggers you have only had the opportunity to talk to over the Internet, but you will also be getting the chance to meet some special VIP guests. Keep in mind that the event is a great networking opportunity with other bloggers, authors and publishers.
Did you catch that? On top of bloggers being at the event, there will also be authors and representatives from our amazing Canadian Publishers. Exciting isn't it? Here are some little tips for the event from myself and my fellow organizers.
- Be courteous - I know it sounds pretty obvious and I probably shouldn't have to say it, but I am anyway. We all want you to have a great time at the event and to ensure that we are asking that everyone be on their best behaviour.
- Don't crowd the VIP guests - We know everyone will be excited to meet them, but lets all try to give them some breathing room
- Mix and Mingle - Be sure to meet some new people. Try not to stay in one clique or group, and yes, this goes for the organizers as well. There will be so many new people there for you to meet so get out there and mingle.
- Bring a tote bag - This is also not mandatory, but a good suggestion all the same. Whenever I get together with my fellow organizers it tends to result in a giant book swap of doom. This may be a good opportunity to swap books with your fellow bloggers.
- Business cards - Again, these are also not mandatory, but a good idea nonetheless. Maybe you want to work with another blogger on a project, or you want to work with a publisher you have never worked with before. Well the easiest way to make sure you can connect with them after the event is if they have your contact information. Remember, they don't need to be fancy and you don't have to run out and spend huge amounts of money to get business cards done.
Remember, if you have any questions or comments about the event to email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you ASAP.